Winnipeg ICE Office & Practice Facility
50 Below Sports and Entertainment’s WHL hockey club, the Winnipeg ICE needed a new home in Manitoba after their move from Kootenay, British Columbia. Ernst Hansch Construction Ltd. provided a new turnkey facility with fully finished spaces through a collaborative design-build process. 50 Below and the Winnipeg ICE share the new facility with the Rink, Testify Performance and Acquire Wealth Management.
The new facility was designed and constructed as a modern state-of-the-art facility with special attention to building performance and the experience of all building occupants. The facility reclaims waste heat and reuses it to reduce energy consumption. In addition, the building uses radiant in-floor heat, a central building management HVAC controls system that captures fresh air and modern LED lighting. The building performs 13% better than MECB energy standards which has translated into substantial energy savings.
The new 94,500 square foot building is the Winnipeg ICE’s official practice facility and home to all their administrative and hockey team’s staff. The facility features a new retail shop where fans can purchase team merchandise, new equipment or get skates sharpened.
50 Below’s administrative spaces include approximately 7,000 square feet of open office space, private offices, meeting rooms, coaching areas, a shared kitchen and ancillary rooms.
The player’s facilities:
- – NHL regulation sized ice hockey rink with viewing for over 700 spectators and a private owner’s box
- – 200 meter 3 lane running track
- – Team video training room
- – Player lounge
- – Custom designed state-of-the-art dressing room with a specially engineered equipment drying system and adjustable LED lighting systems
- – A team locker room with custom millwork
- – Physiotherapy and massage room
- – Player’s private washroom with sauna
- – Equipment manager’s shop
- – Coaches office with private washrooms, lockers, equipment stalls, kitchenette and boardroom
- – Shared laundry Room
- – A custom modular equipment storage system