Max Bell Centre Arena Renovation
Ernst Hansch Construction Ltd. was selected as the Construction Manager to complete renovations to the Max Bell Centre Wayne Fleming Arena for the Winnipeg ICE hockey club’s inaugural season in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The team moved from Kootenay, British Columbia and the project timeline was short with minimal lead time. Close coordination with the University of Manitoba was required to ensure programming in the arena could be maintained throughout majority of the renovations. Working together with 50 Below Sports & Entertainment, the University of Manitoba and Architecture 49 all U of M programs were maintained and the renovations were completed on time before the start of the season.
The project scope includes the following upgrades:
- – Scoreboard replacement with a new 4-sided LED video scoreboard
- – Sound system upgrades
- – Dressing room renovations including new benches, hooks, paint and rubber skate flooring
- – Construction of a new mezzanine to increase seating capacity
- – Refurbishment and expansion of the press box and owner’s box
- – Seating and bar counter upgrades around the concourse
- – Replacement of the rink glass